The goal of the master's degree in Environmental Engineering at University of Barcelona is to teach participants to analyse and diagnose problems and to adopt the most appropriate solution as well as to be able to conceive and design facilities and services and ensure optimum operating efficiency.
The Environmental Engineering master's degree program at University of Barcelona has a clear orientation towards research, which will allow participants to conduct applied research in the field of environmental engineering from a global perspective, covering all aspects of evaluation, minimization, management, optimization, process efficiency and treatment technologies.
Graduates with a university master's degree in Environmental Engineering will be able to carry out their professional activity in both the private (production or treatment plants, laboratories, engineering firms, etc.) and public sectors (public administration and or other public bodies).
One of the principal objectives of this master's degree is provide a detailed practical understanding of environmental technology. However, given the increasing environmental demands and the wealth of technological challenges our society is witnessing, research and development of new tools for environmental evaluation, minimization, management and, above all, treatment has become an equally important objective.Therefore, this master's degree has a strong orientation towards research, which will enable graduates to conduct applied research in the field of environmental engineering from a global perspective, including all aspects of evaluation, minimization, management, optimization, process efficiency and treatment technologies for all types of effluents and wastes which will prevent or alleviate the effects of human activities on the environment.
- Environmental Management
- Industrial Processes and the Environment
- Engineering for Water Treatment
- Engineering for Gaseous Effluents
- Waste and Polluted Soils
- Experimentation in Environmental Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Second period: 30 August - 10 September 2021.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Sciences View 10 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The master's degree in Environmental Engineering is intended for graduates with scientific or technical backgrounds.
- Students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses: An official Spanish degree or, a degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue or, a qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area.
- Students should also have a sufficient knowledge of English, at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.