From clothing and memorabilia to sponsorship deals and media rights, the sports industry is a booming market. As the sector expands, new commercial opportunities are opening globally for those with the drive, passion and knowledge to succeed.
It has been designed in conjunction with our Sports Advisory Board to give you the skills that top employers need. Whether you’re already building your career in sport management or you’re looking to break into the sector, you’ll benefit from the experience of some of the sector’s most well-respected bodies, including Sport England and the Football Foundation.
Over the course of the Global Online Sport Business, Management and Policy course offered by Manchester Metropolitan University Online, leading academics from our triple accredited business school will help you to develop the expertise that sports organisations require - from events management and sports marketing to data analytics – without needing to travel to study. And unlike other courses in the country, you will also explore areas such as policy, politics, finance and law to understand how they apply to the sports industry and give you the confidence you need to take your career to the next level.
There are six intakes annually for this course, with programmes starting in January, March, May, July, September and November.
Features and Benefits
- Learn from some of sports' biggest brands - benefit from the knowledge of an Advisory Board that’s made up of professionals from Sport England, the Football Foundation and more. Members not only support academics with the design of course content, they regularly deliver guest presentations too. Our research-active academics also hold strong connections with UK Sport, FIFA, the International Olympic Committee, Rugby Football Union, the organising committee for the Qatar 2022 World Cup and more. They’ll help you to develop the knowledge and skills highly sought after by industry employers.
- Hone your management skills at a globally accredited institution - this postgraduate sports programme is delivered by Manchester Metropolitan Business School - part of an elite group of business schools worldwide to achieve the prestigious trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. Which will help to distinguish you from the competition when it comes to your next career move.
- Study your way - from an easy application process, the opportunity to begin your studies at six different entry points in the year and the choice to pay per unit you study, we’re here to do everything we can to help you achieve your goals without taking a career break. Our Virtual Learning Environment has been expertly designed to help you study when and where it suits you best.
- Grow your worldwide professional network - through our live online seminars with tutors and peers, you will regularly collaborate with other students around the globe, making invaluable industry connections that can open doors now or in the future.
- Be supported every step of the way - we pride ourselves on our students’ study experience. As a Global Online student, you will be given access to the Student Success Team. Specialists, who will help you make the most of your time with us and ensure you hit important deadlines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTypical units of study may include:
- Critical Perspectives in Entrepreneurship
- Sport Policy and Politics
- Sport Events Management
- Business Analytics
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Business Management
- International Strategic Management
- Sport Law
- Research Methods for Sport
- Critical Literature Review
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 456 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK honours degree (2:2 minimum) or an international equivalent
- OR significant relevant management experience (3 years or more) and/or qualifications in a relevant field
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Unit fee: £886*
- Programme fee: £10,632
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.