Taking into consideration the current economic crisis and the evolving political, social and environmental conditions in the Mediterranean Region, there is a need to put together multidisciplinary actors from different countries, make ideal environment for constructive dialogue (science diplomacy) and create all conditions that include the role of people, economics and policies to attract investments while reconciling tensions and balancing priorities between economic growth, social implication and environmental conservation.
The Master in Sustainable Blue Growth at University of Trieste is jointly organized by University of Trieste and OGS to support the creation of stable and attractive blue career pathways throughout strengthening professional skills and enhancing competencies in fields related to sustainable blue growth.
Tackling climate change, understanding ecosystem function, managing sustainability: all of these require a much more tangible initiatives and strategies. Hence, the EU Blue
- to increase the professional skills and the quality of research in the marine and maritime sector. Thus contributing to the creation of new job profiles and more chances for blue jobs’ opportunities;
- to increase the educational offer to extend the current economic development and growth, with particular focus on activities and aspects related to the importance of the sea (including security and safety in the sea);
- to help scale up activities that ultimately result in sharing research outcomes and disseminating scientific knowledge;
- to expose students to cross-cutting aspects such as financing instruments and project management in the field of blue growth;
- to introduce innovative topics such as science diplomacy to ease the dialogue between countries and facilitate mobility and access to research infrastructures.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Architecture of Landscapes
- Chemical Engineering Course
- Civil Engineering Course
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Master is open to candidates from all Countries with priority for those coming from Mediterranean and Black Sea countries. Postgraduate candidates from different fields of studies (oceanography, marine biology, geology, geophysics, geochemistry, environmental engineering, ecological modelling, climate study, coastal zone management, environmental economy and related fields) are invited to apply.
- The Programme can be accessed, with no restriction to age and citizenship, by whomever holds a master or PhD University degree (equivalent to a II Level Italian University Degree)
International300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per year during 12 months.
If you are resident in Italy, the amount of the fee depends on your family income, measured according to the ISEE indicator.
Living costs for Trieste
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.