The Sound for the Moving Image programme from The Glasgow School of Art promotes production of original work, through individual or group-based research, that is conceptually-driven, aesthetically challenging and wide-ranging in its use of sound design and music production/compostion.
The programme is delivered via a series of taught workshops, set and elective projects, lecture and seminar based sessions, and self-directed learning. The emphasis of the programme rationale is the interplay between creative practices underpinned by theoretical research, mediated through the craft elements of sound production within a visual environment. Students will be expected to engage in a high level of self-directed learning, research and independent critical reflection, as well as participating in the taught elements of study.
- The programme prepares students for entry into a professional sound production environment, to enhance their creative practice with sound and sonic art, or for further academic study by research.
- Opportunities for further research can be accessed within The Glasgow School of Art or in the wider academic community, and will be driven by the ethos of research underpinning the programme.
- Current trends and emerging methodologies in professional practice will be defined by a visiting lecturer timetable bringing students into contact with established practitioners within the field of sound for the moving image.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Statement (approx. 500 words)
- Evidence of Academic Qualifications (Certified photocopies/Transcripts)
- Academic References (1 or 2)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency e.g. IELTS (if appropriate)
- Copy of Passport (if appropriate)
International20520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20520 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.