The Master in Data Science and Scientific Computing at University of Trieste curriculum in Data Science is devoted to train experts in the management and analysis of data, particularly of Big Data.
You will learn skills in:
- data analytics
- high performance computing and management of databases for big data.
The curriculum is organized in common core courses (roughly I semester of I year), curriculum specific core courses (II semester of I year), and application specific courses (II year), depending on the application area/ study plan selected.
- Advanced Programming and Algorithmic Design
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- Foundations of High Performance Computing
- Numerical Analysis
- Stochastic Modelling and Simulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Pre-enrollment applications to the Italian Consulates (only for non-EU applicants living outside Italy)
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 30 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Academic degree, or equivalent, with a graduation grade greater or equal to 80 over 110. In the absence of a Bachelor Degree, the weighted average of the exams will be considered instead.
Obtained at least 60 ECTS in the following topics:
- mathematics (MAT/*)
- computer science (INF/01)
- information engineering (ING-INF/*)
- industrial engineering (ING-IND/*)
- civil engineering (ICAR/01-09)
- physics (FIS/*)
- statistics and mathematical methods for decisions (SECS-S/*)
- economy and finance (SECS-P01, 05, 08, 09, 11)
- chemistry (CHIM/*)
- molecular and genetic biology (BIO/10, 11, 18)
- geophysics and terrestrial physics (GEO/10, 12)
Obtained at least 9 ECTS in math fields (MAT/*, SECS-S/06)
Adequate knowledge of English, certified by internationally recognized certification of level B2 or higher, or by passing a test equivalent to level B2.
International300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per year during 24 months.
If you are resident in Italy, the amount of the fee depends on your family income, measured according to the ISEE indicator.
Living costs for Trieste
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.