In this Adult Nursing (pre-registration) programme from City, University of London you will learn with expert clinical practitioners and leading researchers, opening new career opportunities and enabling you to contribute to original research in the field.
You will study a range of theoretical and practical modules covering key principles and practices in adult nursing, including:
- acute care, diagnostics and treatment
- long term care, recovery and rehabilitation
- leading and managing in healthcare practice.
Who is this course for?
If you are a graduate who wants to pursue a rewarding career in nursing, this MSc will equip you with the essential skills and knowledge you need, even if your first degree is in an unrelated subject.
On successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to register with the NMC, which provides an internationally recognised professional qualification, enabling you to practice as an adult and mental health nurse in the UK and overseas (although additional registration maybe required in some countries).
Nursing and Mirdwifery Council
- Integration of care for acute and long term conditions across health and social care
- Critical use of evidence to inform decision making in practice
- Applying knowledge and skills for person-centred care for practice
- Leading and managing across health and social care
- Developing advanced knowledge and skills for professional practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 247 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
To apply for this course, you must have:
- a lower second class honours degree or above in any subject.
- an awareness of health or health-related care issues.
- GSCE’s (or accepted equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language with a minimum of a grade 4 pass (C or above).
You will be required to have occupational health and enhanced disclosure and barring service clearance. Academic and character references may be requested.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Recognition of Prior Theory Learning (RPL) claim in order to obtain a place on the course. In addition it is recommended that a Recognition of Prior Practice Learning (RPL) claim is also made prior to entry to the programme otherwise applicants will be required to undertake a further 500 practice hours at the end of the two year programme.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.