It is designed specifically for those students wishing to explore, at postgraduate level, subject specialisms in one of these three areas. Applications to the programme should make clear which pathway of study the student is interested in studying.
The Design in Illustration programme from The Glasgow School of Art aims to furnish students with the research skills and methods for stimulating innovative design practices through a combination of tutorials, seminars, workshops, and autonomous design and research projects. In doing so, it equips graduates with the practical and intellectual skills required to deploy design practices within a variety of social, economic and technological contexts and transform the experiences of those who utilise, interact with, or depend upon designed artefacts and services.
- Delivered via a series of taught workshops, tutorials, set and elective projects, lecture and seminar based sessions and self-directed learning, the emphasis of the programme rationale is on the contemporary practices of visual communication, underpinned by theoretical research, and the social, technological and economic contexts of contemporary design practices.
- Students on the programme are expected to engage in a high level of self-directed learning, research and independent critical reflection, as well as participating in taught elements.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 524 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Glasgow School of Art and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Statement (approx. 500 words)
- Evidence of Academic Qualifications (Certified photocopies/Transcripts)
- Academic References (1 or 2)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency e.g. IELTS (if appropriate)
- Copy of Passport (if appropriate)
International20520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20520 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.