Service Design puts human experience and aspiration at the heart of the design process by ensuring that experiences are meaningful and targeted towards people’s needs and abilities. At The Glasgow School of Art we offer a master degree in Design Innovation and Service Design.
At The Innovation School, Service Design is taught as a means of applying design processes to complex problems, combining artefacts and interactions to produce services that exist, unfold and evolve in both space and time. The MDes in Design Innovation & Service Design focuses on the social value of service design, as well as its economic importance. It is about addressing real problems that affect real people, by understanding them from each stakeholder’s point of view.
- The programme seeks to equip students with the thinking, tools and processes required to practice Service Design, so they can drive innovation in the conception, design and delivery of services and experiences.
- Live projects provide a rich experience of design innovation through collaborations with private and public sector organisations. The learning experience is further enhanced by direct input from leading Service Design professionals.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Art History Liberal Arts View 246 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Statement (approx. 500 words)
- Evidence of Academic Qualifications (Certified photocopies/Transcripts)
- Academic References (1 or 2)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency e.g. IELTS (if appropriate)
- Copy of Passport (if appropriate)
International20520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20520 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.