The programme begins with a series of core lectures and seminars, balanced by focused reading of key literature related to the four areas of enquiry. This enables all of the students on the programme to gain a multi-disciplinary perspective and provides ground for shared discourse.
The Core Lectures and Seminars form the background and basis for the preparation of two research papers and for identification and development of the the individual project.
The Master of Architectural Studies at The Glasgow School of Art taught programme is not an ARB/RIBA Part 2 accredited programme. The Diploma in Architecture programme is ARB/RIBA Part 2 accredited.
- 3D Making Workshop
- Media Studio
- Laser Cutters
- High Quality Archive Print
- Mould-Making and Casting Workshop
- Photographic Facilities
- Case Room
- Printmaking Workshops
- Fashion + Textiles Workshops
- Silversmithing & Jewellery Workshops
The Master of Architectural Studies pathways are:
- Urban Design
- Creative Urban Practices
- Urban Building
- Digital Creativity
- Energy and Environmental Studies
- History and Theory of the City
- Zero-Energy Mass Customised Housing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Physics Landscape Architecture View 116 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Glasgow School of Art and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Statement (approx. 500 words)
- Evidence of Academic Qualifications (Certified photocopies/Transcripts)
- Academic References (1 or 2)
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency e.g. IELTS (if appropriate)
- Copy of Passport (if appropriate)
International20520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20520 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.