The program offers specialized training in the areas of classical singing, classical instrument, musical pedagogy, contemporary Bulgarian music, acting, improvisation, and conducting. The program has the following specializations:
- Classical music - singing
- Classical music - instrument
- Pop and jazz music - singing
- Pop and Jazz Music - instrument
- In the field of musicology and music education, music theory and history, conducting and composition;
- In the instrumental and vocal interpretations of music and performing arts in the classical genre
- For teaching in special educational institutions (music schools, colleges, folk arts, dance schools, etc..)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Chamber music / singing
- Vocal / instrumental methodology
- Vocal ensemble / orchestra
- Performance (singing, instrument)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application deadline for MA or PhD studies starting in
- the fall semester is May 15 of each year;
- the spring semester is November 15 of each year.
DisciplinesMusic View 53 other Masters in Music in Bulgaria
- Complete the online application
- Write a Word-processed admission essay of no fewer than 4 standard pages (1,800 characters with spaces per page) in Bulgarian or English on one of the topics (usually three) announced by the NBU department of your choice
- Submit the completed application form, the essay and the documents listed on the last page of the application form to the International Relations Office, Building 1, main lobby, 1-st floor
- Register for the specialized admission examination, if such examination is required by the program of your choice at New Bulgarian University
International3036 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1518 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
1790 BGN EU/EEA
2970 BGN NON-EU/EEA
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.