Students in the Material Science and Engineering programme at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China have the opportunity to explore these in either or both experiment and modelling oriented projects, and complete studying the course by analysis and interpretation of the research results and writing up a dissertation that is to be examined according to the established procedure in the University of Nottingham.
By taking a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching and learning the subject, the course aims to help greater understanding of the subject and the ability to apply it in industrial practices or further studies.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- to encourage integration between the separate disciplinary areas
- to propel the development of new ideas and techniques in Mechanical, Manufacturing and Composite Materials commercially-based engineering
- to develop the students transferable skills in research methods at postgraduate level
- to facilitate an in-depth investigation of a relevant topic through independent research
- Compulsory Modules
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 406 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in China
- Course requirements 2.1 honour degree or above (Upper 2nd class hons degree and above or international equivalent)
- In a relevant discipline Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials, Aeronautical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and other related engineering background subject to having completed suitable modules.
International15233 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15233 EUR per year during 12 months.
National13847 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13847 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Mainland Chinese students: 100,000 RMB per year
- Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan students: 100,000 RMB per year
- International students: 110,000 RMB per year
Living costs for Ningbo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.