Purposes of the High Performance Computing and Big Data Analytics program at University Babes-Bolyai:
- Acquisition of theoretical knowledge in complex systems modelling based on mathematical concepts and methods, and on programming concepts and techniques.
- Acquisition of applicative and practical knowledge. in programming and usage on/of computation systems, especially those of high performance, which are necessary for solving real life problems and for simulating complex problem solutions.
- Acquisition of theoretical, applicative knowledge in exploitation (data-analysis, knowledge-discovering) and visualization of „big data” for computation problems, statistical interpretations, decision processes, or for scientific instruments.
- Acquisition of theoretical, applicative and practical knowledge in applicative scientific domains where high performance systems are used.
- Acquisition of theoretical, applicative and practical knowledge in analysis and improvement of software processes.
- Acquisition of theoretical, applicative and practical knowledge in professional modelling for team work as well as interdisciplinary approaches to research and development.
Gained Abilities and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of theoretical, methodological, and practical developments in computer science;
- Systematic use of computer science knowledge to model and interpret new situations, within application contexts larger than the known ones;
- Detailed knowledge and integrated use of conceptual and methodological apparatus pertaining to informatics to provide solutions for incompletely defined situations, to solve new theoretical and practical problems;
- Proficient use of verification, validation, and evaluation criteria and methods to his/her own software solutions, ability to formulate value judgments and to justify/explain constructive decisions;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming Paradigms
- Parallel and Distributed Operating Systems
- Formal Modelling of Concurrency
- Advanced Methods in Data Analysis
- Functional parallel programming for big data analytics
- Models in parallel programming
- General Purpose GPU Programming
- Workflow Systems
- Resource-aware computing
- Data Mining
- Grid, Cluster and Cloud Computing
- Knowledge Discovery in Wide Area Networks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 4 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Romania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Graduate student recruitment is achieved by competition. The overall three/four-year undergraduate average grade and a personal portfolio, for candidates with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics or Economical Computer Science and respectively the grade of a written test and a personal portfolio, for candidates outside the above mentioned areas.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA826 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA : 4000 RON / year
- NON-EU/EEA: 500 EUR / month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.