Advanced Mathematics at University Babes-Bolyai focuses on the study and creation of mathematical and computational tools broadly applicable in science and engineering, and on their use in solving challenging problems in these and related fields.
From ecological modeling to mechanics, from statistical analysis to mathematical economics, areas of investigation are diverse. This master’s program offers advanced theoretical knowledge in this complex and dynamic domain.
Gained Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of some of the most recent results and methods from nonlinear analysis, in connection with concrete applications;
- Capacity to identify and use fundamental models of partial differential equations in mathematical analysis of real processes;
- Ability to construct new mathematical models and to maintain the feedback towards reality;
- Ability to use numerical simulations and approximation techniques;
- Ability of self -documentation and to carry out independent mathematical work and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative theory of ordinary differential equations
- Group theory and applications
- Mathematical methods in fluid mechanics
- Methodology of the mathematical research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Graduate student recruitment is achieved by competition. The overall three/four-year undergraduate average grade and a personal portfolio, for candidates with a Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Mathematics, Physics Mathematics or Economical Computer Science and respectively the grade of a written test and a personal portfolio, for candidates outside the above mentioned areas.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA620 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA: 3000 lei / month
- NON-EU/EEA: 500 EUR / month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.