To be eligible for admissions to the Master of Science Program in Exercise Science Specialist at The City University of New York, applicants must have a strong academic background in chemistry, biology, and nutrition and exercise sciences. Without this background, individuals will need to major at the undergraduate level in nutrition and exercise sciences before applying to the graduate program.
Those who have completed an undergraduate major in chemistry, biology nutrition, or exercise science may be considered for entry with completion of course deficiencies. The entrance to the field of nutrition and exercise sciences is achieved through completion of the BS Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. The graduate program is intended for those individuals who are seeking advanced study in the discipline.
What you'll studyThe MS degree program with specialization in exercise science offers a sequence of courses that prepare students for careers in adult fitness and wellness, corporate and executive fitness, general health promotion, and cardiac rehabilitation. Students are exposed to cardiovascular fitness programs in commercial and clinical settings where their primary responsibility is initiating, directing, and evaluating programs that promote enhanced health and fitness.
- Coursework is blended with clinical experience, and students are mentored in the development and completion of individual research projects. The human performance laboratory provides for measurement of muscular strength and endurance, body composition analysis, and metabolic, cardiovascular, and respiratory function during exercise.
- Clinical research experiences that focus on the health implication of regular exercise as well as in-depth supervised field experiences are provided through a wide variety of corporate and clinical internships. In addition, the program prepares students for more advanced study in exercise science.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Priority Deadline - May 15
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Kinesiology View 276 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- An undergraduate degree in physical education, exercise science, or an equivalent area with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students without an undergraduate degree in one of the above areas must satisfy the following:
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Make up deficiencies as specified by the department, with approval of the graduate exercise science advisor.
- An interview may be required.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.