The M.Ed. in Education - Professional Studies Program is a flexible advanced degree option designed for students/candidates who currently hold an undergraduate four year teaching or non-teaching degree and are seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in the concentration areas of Education, Literacy, Special Education, or Digital Media. The objective of Professional Studies is to provide students/candidates with a foundation of knowledge in research and technology, as well as professional coursework and learning opportunities in their respective concentration areas.
The Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Professional Studies at Fairmont State University is a flexible advanced degree option designed for candidates who currently hold an undergraduate four year teaching or non-teaching degree and are seeking to earn a Masters.
The M.Ed. concentration in Professional Studies is designed for:
- Professionals who are teaching in pre-school through post secondary settings for which there is no existing licensure e.g. Community and Technical Colleges, Correctional Institutions, Daycare Centers, etc.
- K-Adult practitioners who wish to advance through the existing state salary classification system but do not wish to specialize in an area such as Reading, Special Education, Counseling, etc.
- K-Adult practitioners who wish to design a program of study to meet their personal and/or professional needs and interests; for example, advanced content, reading or special education strategies, the integration of digital technologies, etc.
- Adults who wish to simply pursue selected coursework and/or a degree in professional education for their individual purposes, e.g. home schooling , private tutoring, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Education
- Advanced Educational Technology & Media
- Action Research in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 1022 other Masters in Education in United States
- Students seeking admission to Fairmont State University Graduate Studies must have completed a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution or be in the final semester before degree completion. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the college or university that issued the baccalaureate degree to the Office of Admissions. Applicants cannot be admitted without an official transcript on file with the Office of Enrollment Services.
- In addition, students must submit scores on a graduate aptitude test such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Miller Analogies Test (MAT), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam (PLT)
International7510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3755 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3755 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.