Education - Digital Media, New Literacies and Learning program have changed the skills and competencies necessary for full participation in increasingly complex 21st Century life and workplace environments. To fully prepare K-12 students for these emerging realities, teachers need to engage their students in technology- and media-rich learning environments that provide experiences for building competencies in new digital literacy practices. This program prepares candidates to teach the 21st Century literacies and skills to succeed in the digital age. In this program candidates explore and create a range of digital media (educational software, curriculum materials, gaming, mobile computing, social networks, digital stories) and reflect on their applications to educational issues in different disciplines and core content areas.
The program is designed to allow educators in a variety of learning environments to become leaders and mentors in the use of digital media and technology to promote 21st Century literacies and skills. Professionals who would benefit from this M.Ed. include classroom teachers, teacher leaders, higher education faculty, library and media specialists, reading and writing specialists, special education professionals, school administrators, adult literacy, community education, teacher professional development providers, instructional designers, education policy makers, entrepreneurs interested in developing educational products or services and individuals seeking to build school community partnerships.
Program graduates are prepared to:
- Design technology-based media rich learning environments that support the learning of all students.
- Apply learning and curriculum theories to assess the effectiveness of technology and media rich learning environments in creating meaningful and motivating learning experiences for learners.
- Develop a broadened understanding of what it means to be literate that includes the reading and writing of multimodal texts as integral elements of social practices.
- Identify barriers and solutions to change for a professional teaching/learning community attempting to adopt new technologies or practices
- Use responsible practices that relate to creating and using digital media in learning environments such as with intellectual property law, confidentiality, privacy, and ethics
More informationVisit official programme website
- Rights and Responsibilities in the New Media Age
- Assessment in the New Media Age
- Teaching in the New Media Age
- Curriculum in the New Media Age
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Media Studies & Mass Media View 26 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
To be considered for Graduate Admission, an applicant from abroad must satisfy the following requirements in addition to general admission requirements:
- Applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree.
- For graduate studies, the applicant must have achieved a minimum score of 550 (paper based)/79 (internet based) TOEFL score.
International16814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8407 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National16814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8407 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3869 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.