The M.Ed.in Education - Exercise Science, Fitness and Wellness serve several purposes that can enhance quality of life in West Virginia. Graduates of this program will be able to educate persons in the region on how to live a healthier and more rewarding lifestyle and a longer life, particularly given the current issues with fitness and obesity in the state,. Persons entering this program range from public school teachers/coaches who want to advance their knowledge of Exercise Physiology, to professionals who coach and train, to graduates of related undergraduate programs seeking advanced study. This M.Ed. prepares graduates to become practitioners within the fields of Fitness, Wellness, and Exercise Physiology. Examples of employment opportunities are athletics programs, exercise/fitness centers, hospital wellness programs, corporate fitness/wellness programs, rehabilitation centers, and allied health careers.
The program also provides a resource to the state and region by creating and expanding opportunities in the following ways:
- Meeting the increase in need for exercise scientists/wellness specialists with baccalaureate degrees;
- Providing an option for graduate study for Fairmont State undergraduate majors in Exercise Science as well as those seeking a practitioner-based graduate option from other area institutions in area; and,
- Expanding options and opportunities in clinical preparation in region for people already working in the Exercise Science, Fitness and Wellness fields.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Statistics in Exercise Science
- Graduate Exercise Physiology I: Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Exercise Physiology
- Lab Techniques in Exercise Science
- Wellness Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 863 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for Graduate Admission, an applicant from abroad must satisfy the following requirements in addition to general admission requirements:
- Applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree.
- For graduate studies, the applicant must have achieved a minimum score of 550 (paper based)/79 (internet based) TOEFL score.
International16814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8407 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National16814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8407 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3869 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.