Through leadership in teaching, research, and scholarship, the Graduate Programs in HPE provide direct benefit to the uniformed services and other federal agencies by producing a cadre of leaders with expertise in the field of health professions education.
The overarching goal of the Graduate Programs at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is to educate practitioners who will serve as academic leaders (e.g., deans, program directors, department heads) and will contribute to the continuous advancement of health professions education and research. Graduates of the program are uniquely situated to take major leadership roles within the MHS.
Interested candidates have three different program options:
- Foundations in Health Professions Education (FHPE). The FHPE is a certificate program designed to be a stepping stone toward the MHPE or PhD in HPE.
- Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE). The MHPE program is the cornerstone of the Graduate Programs in HPE; it provides broad scholarly experience in the theory and practice of HPE by providing learners with the opportunity to participate in a series of formal courses, conduct original research, and obtain practical experiences to further enhance their leadership and educator skills.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Professions Education (PhD in HPE). The PhD in HPE is the highest academic degree one can attain at the University; it is meant to serve those select students who desire to be at the forefront of the scholarship, leadership, and teaching of health professions students and residents. Although a master’s degree (e.g., MHPE, MPH, MEd, or MS degree) is not a prerequisite for the PhD in HPE, it is highly desirable.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership Roles in HPE
- Philosophies of Science
- Principles of Instruction in Clinical Education
- Quantitative Research Methods in HPE
- Principles of Online Instruction
- Qualitative Research Methods in HPE
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 448 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Must be a commissioned officer or service sponsored civilian in the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy or Public Health Service with an earned Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a concentration in Nursing
- Three letters of recommendation with unconditional endorsements of the applicant for admission
- Evidence-based writing requirement using APA format
- Current unrestricted nursing license
- Original transcripts
- Current curriculum vitae
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Current CNOR Certification
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition and fees are waived for students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.