The MSc in International Business at University of Barcelona is an official one-year programme taught in English. Its aim is to train specialists in global business management and covers the fields of finance and accounting, marketing, operations, human resources and strategic management.
Globalization of the economy is a tangible reality nowadays. Hence the need for companies to develop a strategy for internationalization in order to safeguard their competitiveness in global environments. In this sense the MSc in International Business arises from the need to train future managers in worldwide companies operating at an international level.
This programme contributes in a decisive way to a wider specialization for graduates in International Business, Management and Business Administration, and such like, who have acquired a more generalized training during their studies. The skills that students develop with this Master’s Degree are substantially those of an advanced post-graduate level.
This training is complemented by applying these skills to the analysis and resolution of practical cases which might arise during their professional activity. The studies focus on a participatory methodology which addresses different situations that are at all times applicable to the reality of the company.
Once the programme is achieved the student will reach an academic level that will allow him or her a solid placement in their specific fields as general manager, marketing manager, operations manager, human resources manager or managing director in an international corporation.
The programme offers the chance to do an Erasmus+ Exchange during the second semester. Current opportunities include 3 Erasmus agreements at world-class universities:
- Copenhagen Business School
- University of Amsterdam
- Goethe University Frankfurt
Students who complete this Master’s degree can find employment in a wide array of positions within the business sector.
The most usual jobs for students who complete the degree are posts of management, as well as specialized tasks in multinational companies, such as human resources, finances, foreign trade or international marketing.
Furthermore, the MSc in International Business trains students to find employment in public organizations and NGOs dealing with international cooperation.
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Multinational Accounting
- Multinational Financial Management
- Global Marketing
- International Human Resource Management
- Legal Aspects of Global Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Supply Chain Management & Logistics International Business View 17 other Masters in Accounting in Spain
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Barcelona and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Candidates wishing to apply to this programme must meet the following requirements:
- An official degree in Business Management or related field (International Business, Business Administration and Management, Economics, Law and International Relations, as well as engineers).
- Proof of proficiency in English. Candidates will have to prove at least a B2 Level or equivalent. Applicants are exempt from documenting English certificate if they are native speakers or hold a university degree taught in an English speaking country. Certificates issued more than two years ago will not be valid.
- All professional experience of the candidate in tasks related to the courses of this Master’s degree will be positively assessed.
International5700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5700 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1660 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1660 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Below are some of the grants and financial aid available for university master’s degree courses:
- Equity grant
- General grant
- Mobility grant – Erasmus
- UB collaboration grant
- Departmental collaboration grant (MECD)
- MAEC-AECID grants
- Financial aid for participation in international mobility programs
- UB grants for exchanges with foreign universities
- UB grants for Els Juliols summer courses
- Drac Program grants
- Grants for students with difficult personal circumstances
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for International Business.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.