Strong reading and writing abilities are essential to nearly every career. It’s true that English majors become writers and teachers. They also become journalists, lawyers, politicians, and corporate executives. English majors gain skills that employers covet: they think critically and analytically, they know how to conduct research, and they can communicate clearly.
Those talents are dear. You’ll learn them at Manhattanville. You’ll take small, participatory classes that develop your ability to analyze and interpret literary works, as well as film, in context. Creative writers hone their craft in workshop courses and contribute to the campus literary magazine, Graffiti, and the campus newspaper, Touchstone. The English Department at Manhattanville College also hosts the College's annual Creative Writing Awards.
Book Editor, Broadcast News Analyst, Copy Writer, English Language & Literary Professor, Fund Raiser, Legal Assistant, Librarian, Lobbyist, Newspaper Editor, Novelist, Poet, Public Relations Practitioner, Reporter, Screenwriter, Speech Writer, Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The study of literature not only enables students to become proficient in analytical reading and critical writing about literature, it also cultivates a capacity for verbal expression, logical argumentation, and close analysis of language that translates into many disciplines and careers.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 4076 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International29250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.