Risk management is relevant to all aspects of industry, commerce, consultancy and the public sector. Over the past couple of years there has been a strong realisation that risk needs to be managed and not avoided, which in turn has a major impact on organisational strategy. To this end, this Risk Management MSc course at De Montfort University has been designed for those wanting to have a career in Risk Management as well as professionals from a variety of sectors who are interested in strengthening their careers in risk management. This includes but is not limited to: accountants, project managers, insurers, chartered surveyors, health care professionals, lawyers, bankers, auditors, health and safety professionals and engineers and recognises the interdisciplinary nature of the subject.
- Careers after the Risk Management course at De Montfort University are likely to remain relatively buoyant as an employment option.
- This is because as the world becomes ever more unpredictable and unstable, in business terms, the demand for risk managers is likely to be ongoing.
- This is also added to by the increased amount of ‘risk regulation’.
The course is accredited by the Institute of Risk Management and you can also earn exemptions from their professional examinations.
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Enhancing Business, Management and Employability Skills
- Research Methodology
- Assurance and Risk
- International Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Risk Management View 311 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.