The Master Course in Plant Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Bioentrepreneurship at University of Minho is aimed at postgraduate qualification of human resources in the fields of biochemistry, molecular and functional biology, biotechnology and phytochemistry, complemented with skills in the areas of entrepreneurship, in order to enable them to carry out projects of I&D with strong component of innovation, enhancing their connection to the business sector.
Access to higher education
- Given the scope of MP3B masters course, there will be a vertical articulation with various courses of 1st cycle (e.g. Biology-Geology, in Biochemistry, and in Environmental Sciences) and 3th cycle (Plant Biology Doctoral Program (a MAP program) or in the Molecular and Environmental Biology Doctoral Program (UM), as well as in other UM national and international doctoral programs), in the areas of Biosciences and Biotechnology.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Physiology
- Marketing Principles
- Plant Biotechnology
- Plant Genetic Engineering and Bioinformatics
- Secondary Metabolism and Bioactive Compounds
- Bioreactors and Separation Processes
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minho and/or in Portugal, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Braga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.