The Master's Course in International Cooperation and Development at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore trains young professionals to contribute to development cooperation with their knowledge, creativity, personality and professional competences to:
- Identify local needs through a bottom-up approach
- Manage technical, financial and administrative aspects of cooperation initiatives
- Involve local civil society in identifying and managing resources
- Collaborate with national and international institutions within the local policy framework
- Promote good governance, human rights and human dignity within state and non state actors
- Address transnational issues such as migration, trafficking and money laundering
- Promote participatory processes, institution and democracy building
The MICaD programme conjugates theoretical knowledge and practical experience, so to give students a specific set of professional skills to successfully face the global job market, and to foster development cooperation with personal creativity competence:
- Identifying local needs, valorizing partnering, bottom-up approaches.
- Managing technical, financial and administrative aspects of cooperation initiatives.
- Accompanying development actors and civil society in identifying resources and deciding upon their use.
- Collaborating with national and international institutions within the policy framework of the country where projects are implemented.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic and Human Development
- Trade and Finance for Development
- Development Law and Institutions
- Project Cycle Management
- Development Actors and Strategies
- Crisis Prevention, Relief and Recovery
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 33 other Masters in Political Science in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates best suited for the programme will have a background in Political Science, Economics, Law, Humanities, Education, Foreign Languages, Psychology, Social Science, Engineering, Nursing Science, Agronomy, Environmental Science. This Master is however also open to all graduates from other faculties
- Strong motivation, possibly experience-based
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All scholarships are assigned on a merit basis and will be mostly given to students who apply by the priority deadline. Some scholarships may also target specific geographic regions.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.