Why study MSc Data Science course at Middlesex University?
This Data Science MSc course at the Middlesex University has been designed to offer those with a familiarity in maths, science or computing an opportunity to develop a key set of skills for future employment in a way that builds on your existing knowledge and skill base. Upon completing the course, you will be ready to fulfil the requirements of a Data Scientist.
You will focus on the intertwining areas of machine learning, visual analytics and data governance, and be able to strike a balance between theoretical underpinnings, practical hands-on experience, and acquisition of industrially-relevant languages and packages. You will also be exposed to cutting-edge contemporary research activity within data science that will equip you with the potential to pursue a research-based career, and, in particular, further PhD study at Middlesex.
- Explore theoretical and practical aspects with industry-recognised skills
- Study a course that is unique in its fusion of machine-learning, visual analytics and corporate data governance
- Equip yourself to apply machine learning and visual analytics to any data source
- Upon completing the course, you will be well placed to step into a career as a data scientist in a wide range of industries and companies.
- You could also consider continuing your studies to PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modelling, Regression and Machine Learning
- Visual Data Analysis
- Applied Data Analytics: Tools, Practical Big Data Handling, Cloud Distribution
- Legal, Ethical and Security Aspects of Data Management
- Individual Data Science Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 228 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree in a related subject, such as those providing a significant exposure to information technology.
- Applicants with degrees in other fields who can demonstrate relevant industrial experience may also be considered.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,500
- UK Part-time: £67 per credit; £33 per dissertation credit
- International/EU Part-time: £97 per credit; £48 per dissertation credit
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.