Communication from University of Utah is distinguished by its vibrant, prolific, nationally and internationally recognized faculty as well as a flexible but theoretically and methodologically grounded graduate curriculum that reflects our stengths within and across four areas of emphasis: Communicating Science, Health, Environment, and Risk (CommSHER); Critical/Cultural Studies; Digital Media; and Rhetoric.
Students at Communication from University of Utah will learn about:
- production and reception of mediated messages designed to inform, persuade, educate, and entertain both historically and in contemporary society; the social cultural political, legal, economic, professional, and ethical implications of mediated messages; and the convergence that is both altering and reproducing historical assumptions about mass communication.
- how individuals, organizations, institutions and cultures communicate about the environment, science and health through language, images, and practice.
- Critical cultural studies
- Communicating science. Health. Environment and risk
- Digital media
- Analysis of Argument
- Media and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 339 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Utah and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete the online application here: Online Application
- Submit payment for the application fee (fee is $55.00 for domestic students, $65.00 for international students). Applications will not be considered complete until the payment is processed.
- Statement of your personal and professional goals (approximately 800 words).
- Academic writing sample no longer than 25 pages
- A curriculum vita or short resume.
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous college and university coursework.
- The names and email addresses of three people who will write recommendations.
International12694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State3606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1803 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.