From an academic viewpoint, the programme aims to cover an obvious gap in the programmes offered internationally in the field of postgraduate European Studies. More specifically, it aims to move away from the usual frame of such programmes which are usually based on a dominant politico-economic approach.
Thus, the postgraduate Master of Arts in European Studies at University of Cyprus aims to investigate specific issues related to cultural Europe and to see how these issues relate to the philosophical, literary, visual and other cultural narratives. The programme puts forward ways of studying European cultural phenomena in a synthetic way, combining a specific European conjuncture with its diachronic depth.
From a research point of view, the aim of the programme is for its graduates to be able to carry out doctoral studies in specific fields of European cultural studies, combining them with:
- European literature studies
- comparative literature
- visual and art studies
- European history
- political sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discourse, Migration, Borders in the European Space
- The Elusive Definition(s) of Europe
- The Discourse of Culture in Europe, from Plato to Popper
- Which Political Form for which Europe?
- Tragedy in Europe and Europe in Tragedy
- European Spirit in the Globalized Era
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Studies View 3 other Masters in European Studies in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The number of admissions per year is determined by the Graduate School. The application is to be submitted electronically and should include:
- A letter of intent with a brief report stating the research and/or career targets and interests of the candidate (500 words in an international language)
- Curriculum Vitae in an international language
- A copy of the undergraduate degree accompanied by a Diploma Supplement (DS) or an analytical assessment report
- A sample of written work such as brief article, excerpt from university work, etc. (optional)
- Two reference letters that must be submitted directly from the referee Professors either on the online application system, either to the Secretary of the Department.
International3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.