The Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Foreign Language is offered at the University of Cyprus is primarily designed for those interested in TEFL as an academic field and has the following main objectives:
- to offer students a solid background and deepen their knowledge in the main areas of TEFL both from a theoretical and a practical point of view;
- to enable students to become acquainted with new areas of the field (such as Computer Assisted Language Learning, alternative assessment, English as a Lingua Franca, etc.);
- to engage students in research in the field, and consequently get students interested in furthering their studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Trends in Applied Linguistics
- Language Teaching and Learning
- Language Testing and Evaluation
- Materials Development and Course Design
- Spoken Language Pedagogy
- Technology-Assisted Language Learning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
MA programme applicants must include the following documents with their online application
- Completed online application form (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Official copy of their Bachelor's degree as well as a certified transcript of courses taken
- during their course of study
- Two samples of academic writing (in English)
- At least two recommendation letters from academic staff (in English)
- Statement of purpose (l -2 pages; in English)
International3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5125 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.