The Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Foreign Language is offered at the University of Cyprus is primarily designed for those interested in TEFL as an academic field and has the following main objectives:
- to offer students a solid background and deepen their knowledge in the main areas of TEFL both from a theoretical and a practical point of view;
- to enable students to become acquainted with new areas of the field (such as Computer Assisted Language Learning, alternative assessment, English as a Lingua Franca, etc.);
- to engage students in research in the field, and consequently get students interested in furthering their studies.
- Trends in Applied Linguistics
- Language Teaching and Learning
- Language Testing and Evaluation
- Materials Development and Course Design
- Spoken Language Pedagogy
- Technology-Assisted Language Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 6 other Masters in Languages in Cyprus
MA programme applicants must include the following documents with their online application
- Completed online application form (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Official copy of their Bachelor's degree as well as a certified transcript of courses taken
- during their course of study
- Two samples of academic writing (in English)
- At least two recommendation letters from academic staff (in English)
- Statement of purpose (l -2 pages; in English)
International2562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.