This Aviation Management in the Digital Age from London Metropolitan provides a platform for you to launch your career. Studying at London Met, you'll have access to a uniquely focused programme.
Their specialised tutors will guide you through the course, offering research and careers advice to give you the best career prospects after graduating.
Why study this course?
The curriculum is designed to help you establish a career in civil aviation, with this degree you'll be one step ahead in the industry.
You'll learn about all the new systems and technologies of aviation, ensuring you have the most up-to-date knowledge, in a sector that's constantly evolving.
After the course
Upon graduating, you'll have a variety of career routes available to you, both in the UK and internationally. You'll be equipped for management and leadership within the aviation sector, which ranges from operational management, strategic overview and planning, regulations and compliance and financial management.
As a postgraduate, you can develop an exciting career in PhD research, Aviation consultancies such as Mott Macdonald and major airlines and airports such as British Airways and London Heathrow respectively. Other career pathways include bodies such as National Air Traffic Control and the Civil Aviation Authority.
The areas of aviation management you could work in include:
- Passenger handling management
- Airline Operations management - under wing
- Air cargo management
- Airline sales management
- Airline marketing management
- Revenue management
- Engineering management
- Cabin crew management
- Flight deck management
The specialist areas of aviation you could work in include:
- Airline finance and procurement
- Airline strategy
- Airline branding
- Airline IT support
- Airline Corporate Legal services
- Airline procurement
Some of the positions gained by BSc graduates include Easyjet route planning manager, National Air Traffic Services (NATS) head of environmental policy, TUI head of operations, London City - head of ground operations, London Gatwick Head of Infrastructure project, London Southend - Head of Customer Service.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Research Project
- E-Commerce for Aviation Management
- E-Systems and New Technologies in Airline and Airport Operations
- Finance and Forecasting Methods for Airline and Airport Operations
- Research Methods for Aviation Management
- Strategy, Leadership and E-nnovation for Aviation Managers
- Sustainability in Global Aviation Companies
- Emerging Markets in Global Economy
- International Logistics
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Marketing, Marketing Communications, and Operations (MMCO)
- Project Management for the Aviation Industry
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering View 74 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United Kingdom
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of a 2.2 (or equivalent) in a related subject discipline
The course is open to professionals already working within the aviation industry, but without necessarily having an undergraduate degree. However, you must have a minimum of two years related work experience at managerial level within the industry, this will need to be confirmed by two letters of reference. You'll also need to submit a CV in support of your application.
If you have experience which falls outside of this remit and is non-standard, we'd like to invite you to interview / Skype interview for a more detailed discussion relating to your application.
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £995 per 20 credits
- International: £1,470 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.