As we are only now beginning to uncover the role of the ocean in our society, it's crucial to bring together scientiﬁc, economic and societal stakeholders. The greater understanding of marine ecosystems oﬀered by scientists is now opening up brand new socio-economic opportunities.
The objective of the Science, Conservation and Valorization of Marine Resources programme from Université Côte d'Azur: develop our knowledge of the ocean to better value and protect its resources.
- The aim is to open students' employability
- The interdisciplinary approach, combined with empowering immersion projects, allows students to become researchers, conservation specialists, environmental consultant, or entrepreneurs. Whatever your interests, you will become the open-minded specialist that our society needs to solve current and emerging ocean issues.
The MSc MARRES program allows the students to continue to Ph.D. prgrams, as a prelude to their future academic career. Students will have the opportunity to develop local or international conservation projects.
They may also work in the private sector, in modeling the marine environment, becoming project leaders, project managers, or auditors for organizations connected with environmental issues. Finally, they may become entrepreneurs by creating green (or blue) start-ups valorizing the countless marine resources that they will help to protect.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Ecology
- Response of Marine Organisms to their Environment
- Depict Marine Biodiversity
- Fisheries Biology, Management and Conservation
- Ocean Remote Sensing for Research, Management, and Innovation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students enrolling in the first year should be proficient in English and to be comfortable with biological and ecological basics with a bachelor or “license” (French term) in a relevant field. They should be curious and open-minded, especially in terms of the socio-economic implications of science
- Students with a strong background in biology, ecology and/or oceanography (coming from other programs) may apply for second-year admissions. A jury will investigate the viability of such a project.
- Students unable to attend the program on-site (such as employed students or those with medical restrictions) can apply for the online option. However, their presence is required for a fixed period of time each semester.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Financial aid (need-based or merit-based scholarships) will be available to students, and other sources of funding will also be available through each training course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.