The purpose of the Media Writing and Production program at University of Miami is to provide advanced competency as a composer, arranger and producer of commercial music. In contrast with other departments, the Media Writing and Production department culminates with the writing and defense of a thesis conforming to graduate school guidelines.
The program emphasizes the following objectives:
- Students will graduate in a timely manner from the program
- Students will be highly satisfied with their understanding of craft of creating music for media.
- Students will be prepared to find success in the media industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Audio Technology for Musicians
- Film Scoring
- Virtual Orchestration
- Studio Production
- Studio Production Ensemble
- Master's Media Writing Project
- Entrepreneurship for Musicians
- Advanced Orchestration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 969 other Masters in Music in United States
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score - Please click here for more specific GRE information
- TOEFL/IELTS Score - Please click here for more specific TOEFL/IELTS information
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.