Engineers from the Industrial Ecology from Chalmers University of Technology analyze and contribute to sustainable technical solutions in industry, consultancy, governmental agencies and research
Students who wish to develop analytical skills and learn tools that enable a professional career in a field where they can make a difference for sustainable development, including environmental strategy, research and assessment at more than one level in society, from more traditional engineering problems to changing industrial practice or international negotiations and policy making.
Engineers from the Industrial Ecology programme have interesting and broad career opportunities. Previous students from the programme have continued to jobs in industry, environmental consultancy firms, governmental agencies and research.
- Industry: graduates from the programme work for example as environmental strategy analyst, project leaders at environmental divisions and in technology development. Examples of industrial sectors include energy, automobile, furniture, green buildings and process industry.
- Environmental consultancy firms: e.g. life cycle analysis, systems analyses of energy resources and waste.
- Governmental agencies: e.g. Swedish Energy Agency, Swedish Environmental Technology Council.
- Research: Several students have also continued within academia both at Chalmers (Physical Resource Theory, Environmental Systems Analysis, Energy Technology, Logistics and Transportation, Shipping and Marine Technology) and other internationally known institutions.
- Sustainable development
- Technical change and the environment
- Science of environmental change
- Environmental systems analysis
- Environmental policy instruments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Biology Ecology View 17 other Masters in Ecology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An applicant must either have a Bachelor's degree in Science/Engineering/Technology/Architecture or be enrolled in his/her last year of studies leading to such a degree.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in: Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Architecture and Engineering, Environmental Science, Geo Science or Agricultural Science.
- Prerequisites: Mathematics (at least 22,5 cr. including Mathematical statistics), Environmental and sustainability science (at least 7,5 credits).
International13205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13205 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 140 000 SEK
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.