Miami is the perfect place to experience and investigate the tropical atmosphere in a changing climate. With an expanding faculty and curriculum, now is an ideal opportunity to begin your education in Atmospheric Sciences (ATM) graduate program at the University of Miami.
Our faculty are experts in a wide range of research areas, including tropical meteorology, climate dynamics, cloud and aerosol processes, and atmospheric chemistry. Their expertise and guidance and our world-class facilities prepare our students for successful careers in the atmospheric sciences and related fields.
The Department of Atmospheric Sciences (ATM), started in 2016, seeks to advance knowledge and understanding of the physical, chemical, and dynamical processes that determine our weather, our climate, and their interactions with the oceans and the continents. We train graduate students and young scientists to be leaders in the atmospheric sciences and related fields. Through our distinct strengths in climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, and cloud and aerosol processes, we strive to achieve excellence in research and education that will better inform the public and policy makers on how to prepare for hazards and changes in the weather-climate system.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction Atmospheric Chemistry
- Introduction ta Atmospheric Dynamics
- Introduction to Atmospheric Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 94 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- The most competitive ATM applicants have a strong foundation in the physical sciences and a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in physics, mathematics, chemistry, meteorology, atmospheric science, or other related sciences.
- Applicants must take the GRE, and those whose first language is not English must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550.
- A background in scientific programming is preferred though not required.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.