IU Slavic department faculty members represent one of the largest and best concentrations of expertise in the United States, with particular strength in Slavic Linguistics (Fowler, Franks, Holdeman, Melnyk, Shardakova, Shrager); Russian literature (Stefani, Emery, Valentino); pedagogy (Holdeman, Shrager, Shardakova); and literary and cultural studies of Czech (Cravens), Polish (Nizynska, Sicinski), Romanian (Illias), South Slavic Linguistics (Antic, Emery, Franks, Valentino), and Ukrainian (Melnyk, Asher).
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Structure of Russian I: Phonology and Morphology
- Structure of Russian II: Syntax and Semantics
- Old Church Slavonic
- History of Russian Literary Language
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 635 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Indiana University Bloomington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- knowledge of the Russian language adequate for graduate study, as determined by a proficiency examination based on the department's fourth-year course
- a general acquaintance with the major works of nineteenth- and twentieth-century Russian literature equivalent to at least the materials covered in a two-semester undergraduate survey course.
International42445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42445 USD per year during 12 months.
National30690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10502 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.