The mission of this Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program at University of Miami is to address the critical need for English language professionals who possess the requisite knowledge and skills to pursue careers in TESOL.
- Students will acquire foundational knowledge of language acquisition and development, research, partnership, and research in TESOL and Bilingual education.
- Students will acquire knowledge of planning, implementing, and managing ESL/bilingual education and content instruction.
- Students will acquire knowledge of assessment for English language learners, including language proficiency assessment and classroom-based assessment for ESL/bilingual education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Planning and Organization and Instruction in Bilingual Education
Applied Research in Education
Applied Linguistics in Education
Understanding Culture in the Classroom
Principles of First and Second Language Acquisition
Advanced Techniques in TESOL
Introduction to Theories and Practice of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Methods of Teaching Content Areas in TESOL
Principles of Curriculum Development and Classroom Management for TESOL
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1312 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- At a minimum, completion of a bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record from an accredited institution.
- Acceptable and recent (within 5 years) Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. The target minimum is a score of 1100 combined on verbal and quantitative (or 302 on new GRE scoring system) and at least a 4.0 on writing.
- Professional experience relevant to degree program.
- Undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Three letters of recommendation.
International37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 USD per year during 12 months.
National37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.