The primary job market for candidates earning this degree is the marketing and communication functions of pharmaceutical, bio-tech, and insurance companies, and government and other organisations in the health sector where the combination of analytical skills and understanding of the health sector will provide a competitive advantage.
The skills and knowledge obtained from the degree can also be used in many other areas such as communication, management, marketing and other market related functions.
The ultimate goal of the MSc in Communication, Management and Health from Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) is to combine academic excellence and practical experience to best prepare our students for their professional life.
MCMH graduates are prepared for career opportunities in marketing and communication for pharmaceutical, biotech, and insurance companies, as well as government and other health organisations. Marketing departments from other sectors will also value the distinctive proﬁle of MCMH graduates. The programme enables students to:
- acquire speciﬁc skills in the health sector and at the same time get an education in business and marketing;
- collaborate on on-going research projects commissioned by different stakeholders in the health domain (e.g. health promotion institutions, etc.).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Communication
- Research methods in Health Communication
- Social Marketing
- Data Analysis
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate identity and image
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Health Management Health Sciences View 9 other Masters in Health Sciences in Switzerland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- By attending in person, during the Master’s studies, a selection of our Bachelor’s courses and taking the exams during the regular sessions. The credits have to be earned before the end of the third semester.
- By self-studying a selection of our Bachelor’s courses. In this case, the instructors of the assigned courses provide specific readings. Exams are organized when the student is ready. The courses are defined by the Master’s academic director. The reading and the evaluation are in English. This option is very flexible: it allows for an optimal programming of the workload during the studies and it also allows the process to be started before the beginning of the Master’s programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National: CHF 2000
- International: CHF 4000
Living costs for Lugano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.