Because higher education is vital to social and economic achievement, versatile administrators are needed who are highly skilled in working with diverse students and maximizing resources amid constant change.
Our Higher Education Administration - Student Life and Development program from University of Miami works to impart the ability to apply theory and research to practice in complex, multicultural environments; to make sound decisions; and to obtain, at minimum, middle management positions in the field.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a solid understanding of the foundations of higher education, including contemporary applications of enrollment management, and the ability to apply that understanding to real-world problems.
- Through practicums, students will demonstrate ability to apply theory and research to meeting daily challenges affecting undergraduate students’ transition and adjustment to college, academic success and personal growth.
- Administration of Student Affairs
- Student Diversity in American Higher Education
- Organization of Higher Education II: Governance, Leadership and Finance
- Higher Education Foundations
- Organization and Administration of Higher Education I
- Higher Education in the United States: From Harvard to Present
- Enrollment Management: Theory and Practice
- Seminar in Higher Education Administration: Contemporary Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Higher Education View 245 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
- Request one official transcript from each post-secondary institution (college or university) that you have attended.
- In your CollegeNet application on (page 5) is a space for you to add your recommender’s names and email addresses.
- Request your GRE general, and TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- Students should attach to the application a statement of academic and professional goals.
- Students should attach to the application a current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
- Copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International41580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20790 USD per semester during 12 months.
National41580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20790 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.