The graduate program in Political Science at Sabancı University provides integrated training at MA and PhD levels. The program covers the major fields of Political Science (Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory) and offers a rich set of specialization possibilities. With a thematic concentration on Turkish Politics, Middle Eastern Politics, and European Politics, the program stands out among its competitors in Turkey by its courses and faculty members specializing in formal theory and the production and analysis of quantitative evidence.
While some graduates of the Political Science program from Sabanci University choose to pursue their careers in business, public administration or other professions, others enroll in PhD programs abroad or they move up to our integrated PhD program. The admission decisions concerning MA students are made by a committee consisting of the members of the graduate program in Political Science. The committee makes its decisions taking into account (a) the applicant's performance in the "PhD gateway exam", and (b) the applicant's general performance in the courses in the field.
- Academic Practices and Development
- Academic Writing for Graduate Students
- Political Theory
- Comparative Politics
- Methods and Scope of Political Analysis
- International Relations Theory
- Pro-Thesis Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
151 - without thesis
158 - with thesis
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 29 other Masters in International Relations in Turkey
- Online Application Form: Application should be completed until the deadline.
- Two recommendation letters: Candidates are required to provide contact details for two people who will write recommendation letters.
- One passport-sized photo: Candidates must upload a passport-sized photo to the online system.
- Statement of Purpose: Candidates must submit a statement, written in English, explaining their intent in applying to the program.
- Portfolio: PDF documents, CD/DVDs, printed materials, transparent prints or online portfolios may be presented as portfolios. The portfolio is expected to consist of selected works that portray the candidate's abilities in the Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design field.
International18056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18056 USD per year during 24 months.
National11742 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11742 USD per year during 24 months.
National: 100.000 TL + V.A.T.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.