The MSc in Data-Intensive Analysis at the University of St Andrews is a one-year taught programme run collaboratively by the Schools of Computer Science and Mathematics and Statistics. The course consists of two semesters of taught modules followed by an 11-week project leading to the submission of a 15,000-word dissertation in August.
- The course develops practical skills in derivation, validation and deployment of predictive models based on collected data, and provides training in the use of industry- and research-standard technologies and techniques.
- Students undertake a significant project including a wide-ranging investigation leading to their dissertation, which enables them to consolidate and extend their specialist knowledge and critical thinking.
- Students have 24-hour access to modern computing laboratories, provisioned with dual-screen PC workstations and group-working facilities.
CareersAlumni of Computer Science MSc programmes have gone on to work in a variety of global, commercial, financial and research institutions, including:
- Barclays Capital
- BT Openreach
- Capricorn Ventis
- Hewlett Packard
- Hitachi Data Systems
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Computing in Statistics
- Data Analysis
- Knowledge Discovery & Datamining
- Statistical Modelling
- Data-Intensive Systems
- Information Visualisation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 213 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of St Andrews and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree, plus evidence of some previous programming experience.
- personal statement (optional)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International27230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27230 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11120 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.