For those with previous accounting experience we recommend completing the Accounting Practice Certificate and either the Master of Professional Accounting (with CPA track) or MBA with Focus Area in Accounting.
For those with no previous accounting experience we recommend completing the Accounting Practice Certificate and either the Master of Professional Accounting or the MBA with Focus Area in Accounting.
The MPrA program at University of Miami strives to conform to strategic priorities of the Miami Business School in the following ways:
- Integrate knowledge from the latest field-based research into classroom discussion so that students better understand financial and managerial decision making in practice and can take a professional leadership role in assessing the standard quantitative tools used in accounting.
- Recognize the context and implications of the conflicts of interest inherent in the accounting industry in both classroom discussion and extracurricular interaction with local leaders, in order to create principled leaders in the field of accounting.
- Expose students to the global aspect of the field of accounting through both coursework and interaction with masters-level students in one of the most culturally diverse graduate business schools in the United States.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting and Financial Reporting
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 146 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Go to our online application.
- Unofficial transcript: Submit a copy of your transcript from all academic institutions attended
- Submit Test Scores (Dependent on Program)
- Résumé: Submit your most recent résumé that appropriately illustrates your professional experience
- Personal statement: Submit a one-page personal statement addressing your interest in the program in relation to your professional background and career aspirations.
- Language Proficiency: International students who do not hold an undergraduate U.S degree must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 16 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.