Students aiming to further their academic studies towards a PhD degree in the history of the Ottoman Empire, the Balkans or the Middle East, are strongly encouraged to select the MA History program from Sabanci University with thesis.
Within the framework of the MA Thesis course, they are expected to research and write an MA thesis of around 80 pages on a previously submitted and approved topic.Any student who has successfully completed his/her coursework within the usual four semesters, but who needs additional thesis completion time, may, be granted a maximum of two more semesters for this purpose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Practices and Development
- Academic Writing for Graduate Students
- Explorations in World History
- Orientalism and Oriental Studies
- Sources and Methods for Ottoman History, 1450-1600
- Sources and Methods for 17th and 18th century Ottoman History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 4 other Masters in Ancient History in Turkey
- Online Application Form: Application should be completed until the deadline.
- Two recommendation letters: Candidates are required to provide contact details for two people who will write recommendation letters.
- One passport-sized photo: Candidates must upload a passport-sized photo to the online system.
- Statement of Purpose: Candidates must submit a statement, written in English, explaining their intent in applying to the program.
- Portfolio: PDF documents, CD/DVDs, printed materials, transparent prints or online portfolios may be presented as portfolios. The portfolio is expected to consist of selected works that portray the candidate's abilities in the Visual Arts and Visual Communication Design field.
International17300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17300 USD per year during 24 months.
National11350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11350 USD per year during 24 months.
National: 81.350 TL
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.