Applicants for this Global and Contemporary Jazz Studies program at The City University of New York must have completed a BA in Music from an accredited institution, or a non-music Bachelor's degree with comparable musical experience.
Applicants must pass an audition at the time of application, demonstrating proficiency on their instrument/voice and familiarity with jazz idioms. General matriculation and admission requirements of the Division of Graduate Studies are in the section "Admission" of the Graduate Bulletin.
- Fundamentals of Jazz Theory
- History of Jazz
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1111 other Masters in Music in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume (education, work and performance experience)
- Sample performance audio/video recording (optional)
- Audition and Interview with Department
- 500 word biographical statement on your reasons for pursuing this program and your professional goals
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.