Courses and programs in the Indiana University Bloomington department prepare students for academic teaching and research positions or for administrative, research, and management careers in the criminal justice system or the private sector.
The faculty represents a diversity of approaches to Criminal Justice studies: anthropology, criminal justice, geography, law, neuroscience, psychology, and sociology. Students may also study with faculty from other departments and schools who make up the university-wide criminal justice consortium.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Violent Behavior
- Correlates of Crime
- White-Collar Crime
- Dispute Settlement
- Sentencing Theory and Practice
- Community, Crime, and Criminal Justice
- History of Criminal Justice in the U.S.
- Cross-Cultural Studies
- Comparative Justice Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Criminal Justice View 99 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants for our online Master’s Program will find application and related information at online.iu.edu. Students interested in pursuing the doctoral degree in our department should apply directly to our Ph.D. program and not start by first applying to our online Master’s Program.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.