For this English with a Concentration in Literature degree, students concentrate on literature over a broad historical range, taking at least four readings courses: two in fields of literature and culture before 1800 and two after 1800. Some seminar courses may be used to fulfill these requirements, upon approval by the director of graduate studies.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- History of the English Language
- Critical and Interpretive Theory
- History of Literary Criticism from 1750 to 1960
- Readings in Early Medieval Literature and Culture
- Readings in Late Medieval Literature and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 657 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Reading proficiency in one foreign language is required, with language competency verified by the relevant foreign language department or program at IUB.
International42445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42445 USD per year during 12 months.
National30690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10502 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.