The Department of Biological Sciences offers research-oriented M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in biochemistry. The M.S. requires a thesis and a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate work, 24 hours of which must be in coursework. At least one-half of the minimum required credit in the M.S. program must be in courses at or above the 7000 level.
The Biological Sciences programme from Louisiana State University degrees may be undertaken in any of the three Divisions within our Department: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (BMB); Cellular, Developmental, & Integrative Biology (CDIB); and Systematics, Ecology, & Evolution (SEE). Over 60 faculty have a wide range of research interests. The 130 graduate students in the department receive funding from a combination of departmental teaching assistantships, fellowships, and external research support.
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is committed to:
- advance groundbreaking discoveries in the biomedical sciences
- provide excellence in professional and graduate education
- serve and promote the institution and greater community.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (BMB);
- Cellular, Developmental, & Integrative Biology (CDIB);
- Systematics, Ecology, & Evolution (SEE).
- General Microbiology
- Principles of Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 714 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
To apply, submit to the Graduate School:
- An application to the Graduate School. Electronic submission has been implemented and is recommended. Details on how to apply also are found at that site. You also may apply by submitting a completed "Application for Admission" form (available from the Department).
- A non-refundable fee of $50.00 (U.S.) and $70.00 (nonimmigrant) and can be paid in the form of a check, money order or credit card payable to Louisiana State University.
- Official results of the GRE (verbal, quantitative and analytical) and TOEFL (if you are a foreign applicant) sent by ETS.
- Official transcripts from the registrar of each college or university you previously or currently attend.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 12 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.