About this Degree
With the Arts Administration and Museum and Heritage Studies (Dual) from Indiana University Bloomington and Australian National University, you’ll spend one year in Indiana and one year in Australia. Earn both master’s degrees in two years while also gaining a breadth of hands-on experience.
Hands-on experience for professional success
Throughout the degree, you will gain real-world skills and you will complete a thesis or research project as a capstone to your degree.
With the experiential component of the Master of Arts in Arts Administration program, you’ll apply your classroom knowledge to real world situations. Through your internship and practicum projects you will gain professional experience, make valuable connections in the arts community, and sharpen your career focus—many of our MAAA graduates go on to find careers within their internship or practicum organizations.
In the Master of Arts in Arts Administration program, you’re required to complete a 280-hour internship as well as three, 50-hour practicum projects. You may register for internship credit (AADM Y750) and practicum credit (AADM Y550) at any time within the program.
- Organizational Behavior and the Arts
- Museum Management
- Cultural Planning and Urban Development
- Financial Management for the Arts
- Arts Organizations in the Public and Private Sectors
- Fund Development for Nonprofits
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Marketing Museum Studies View 109 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- You will complete and submit the online application on the University Graduate School website for the term in which you seek to begin the program. When accessing the application, it is best to utilize the ‘filters’ feature.
- Domestic Applicants: Upload transcripts in the ‘Academic History’ of the application. Be sure to include a transcript for all institutions attended. If admitted, an official copy of your transcript will be required to start course work at O’Neill.
- International Applicants: Submit official academic records in the original language from every postsecondary school you have attended, whether or not you obtained a degree. If the original is not in English, also include a certified, literal translation.
- Upload your personal statement to the online application as a PDF document. Please answer the prompt for your program of interest, which can be found in the Ready to Apply section below.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 24 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.