We take a holistic approach to Anthropology. As a department, our interests span the breadth of the human condition—both past and present—and we examine humanity from all the diverse perspectives anthropology has to offer.
We understand human behavior by studying and comparing both biology and culture—past and present, local and global, mental and material. Our department offers a holistic approach to this study, including human biology, social and cultural experience, human-environment interactions, linguistic and artistic expression, and evolutionary processes throughout time.
Personalized career advising
Wherever you are on your path to discovering your ideal career, we have the expertise to help.
- The Career Development Center (CDC) is your go-to resource if you aren’t yet part of a specific Indiana University Bloomington school. Our exploration process provides you with support and guidance each step of the way—from beginning to think about your future to launching your career.
- If you are in the exploratory stage, we also encourage you to visit career centers for schools in which you have an interest, in addition to the CDC.
- Once you declare a major, you’ll work with the career center dedicated to your school for advising tailored to your academic discipline.
- Learn more about our recruiting policies for employers, including our disability disclosure guidance for students.
- Laboratory in Bioanthropology
- Human Variation
- Field Work in Bioanthropology
- Human Paleontology
- The Primates
- Bioanthropology of Aboriginal America
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology History View 775 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International42445 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42445 USD per year during 12 months.
National30690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30690 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10502 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.