Second Language Acquisition from University of Macau provides us with an understanding of how children and adults learn a second language and high quality professional development in 3 specializations: Teaching Chinese, Portuguese or English as a second language.
- Teaching Chinese, Portuguese or English as a Second Language
- Advanced career prospects for Macau teachers in schools, educational institutions and government
- Further studies in Ph.D. programmes to conduct research in applied linguistics
- Working in the areas of linguistics, language assessment and research methods
- Other related areas include writing and publishing educational materials, delivering online education and educational administration.
- Comparative Chinese – English Structure
- First Language Acquisition
- Syntax -The Structure of English
- World Englishes
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics
- The Process of Language Acquisition
- Curriculum Planning and Materials Evaluation for Portuguese as a Foreign Language
- Developing Reading Skills in Portuguese as a Foreign Language
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 4 other Masters in Language Studies in Macao (SAR)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Portuguese or Chinese, or a related subject from a recognized university.
- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent of an overall result of Grade C+ or better in the Bachelor’s degree studies.The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100.
- Proof of English Proficiency - Obtained a Level 6 of the College English Test (CET) score of 430 or; Obtained a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based examination)/ 80 (Internet-based examination) or; An IELTS overall score of 6.0 or above with no sub-score lower than 5.5 or; Passed the Level 4 or Level 8 of the Test for English Majors (TEM).
International7924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15849 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National3803 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7607 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Macao Students - 72,000 MOP
- Non-Macao Students - 150,000 MOP
Living costs for Macao
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.