Professors are licensed professionals with comprehensive industry experience, and their collective work at the Entertainment and Media Law degree offered by Chapman University includes:
- Representing and advising motion picture distribution companies, major film studios, and entertainment unions
- Conducting media and sports contract negotiations
- Publishing copiously in legal journals
- Attaining industry-acknowledged expert status in the realm of intellectual property law
Learning OutcomesThe law school faculty have identified the following learning outcomes as critical to a law degree and to developing the skills needed to become a proficient attorney.
- Understanding American Law – LL.M. students with foreign law degrees will demonstrate an understanding of the legal system of the United States by applying (1) the common law and case method, (2) basic principles of legal procedure, and (3) specific content areas relevant to their area of emphasis to propose, assess, justify, and/or recommend resolutions to simulated and real-world legal issues.
- Emphasis-Appropriate Content and Analysis – LL.M. students should demonstrate subject matter knowledge and information appropriate to their area of emphasis and their personal and program goals. Students should apply legal rules and information appropriate to their area of emphasis to formulate clear and effective legal analysis and to prepare and recommend solutions to legal problems.
- Emphasis-Appropriate Skills – LL.M. students should develop essential skills appropriate to their area of emphasis and their personal and program goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Copyright law
- Entertainment law
- Accounting for lawyers
- Advanced topics in copyright law
- Advanced topics in intellectual property
- Entertainment law clinic
- First amendment law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM) Media Studies & Mass Media View 134 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Intent
International1875 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1875 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1875 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1875 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.