The English Language and Literature program from Yasar University, enriched by electives, offers areas of study not only for the majors of English Language and Literature but also for the graduates of other branches of social sciences such as “film studies,” “media and public relations,” “international relations” provided that after the entrance exam the candidates complete some undergraduate courses within a year and choose their thesis topics from the related area.
The English Language and Literature program, because of its interdisciplinary character consists of courses ranging from English Language and Literature, American Culture and Literature, Cultural Studies to Film Studies.
The M.A. Program is primarily designed for those who wish to pursue a career in teaching and research. Graduates from the program may work as Instructors in academic institutions, and may pursue further graduate research, at the doctoral level, within Turkey or at universities abroad. The linguistic, analytic and interpretive skills acquired in the study of English Language and Literature also open up many other career options, especially in the worlds of media and publishing.
- A Master’s Degree (M.A.) in English Language and Literature is awarded to students who pass the required courses and electives that make up the curriculum and who complete and successfully defend an M.A. Thesis.
- Completion of the program requires the accumulation of at least 120 ECTS credits, 60 of which are earned through classes and 60 of which are awarded for research for the thesis, with a GPA of at least 3.00.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 17 other Masters in Literature in Turkey
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher).
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
- A motivation letter must be added to your application.
International3250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National3250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Izmir
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.